Business Analyst - What'sOn Phase 2
The BBC went live with Whats’On for linear TV services in January 2018. This has opened up the opportunity to extend the use of Whats’On both within the current user base and for the other BBC business areas and workflows.
The Configuration Business Analyst role is to work with the various BMSS delivery projects and TV Business Systems Support Team to act as the central hub for documenting and validating WHATS’On product configurations to ensure they support the full business workflows.
- Working closely with Change management, Project Delivery and TVBS Support teams to documents and test business workflows and product configurations.
- Working closely with Change management, Project Delivery and TVBS Support teams to document and develop specific reports required to support the business requirements
- Validating and documenting system configurations and reports to support the user workflows
- Translating existing business process for the new product.
- Ensuring the Business Information needs are developed/configured in the solution.
- Managing the release and migration of configuration through the various development, testing and Production environments as guided by the Project Managers and Service Lead
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in a complex and large-scale delivery project
- Proven analytical ability, particularly for integration and Business Information requirements, and presenting proposals in an easily digestible format for users and stakeholders
- Proven attention to detail within requirements, integration and Business Information work
- London, some travel within the UK is likely
- Excellent career progression: the BBC offers great opportunities for staff to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities: our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community: we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical opportunities: We work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, healthcare, gym and much more.
About the BBC
D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people. We are the team that’s building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Children’s services, we develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E, you’ll be working on unique challenges, hand in hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world's leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.