The purpose of this role is to assist in developing new business opportunities across the Australian and New Zealand business. This includes researching opportunities, potential clients and services, preparing strategic reports, working on pitch documents, and once new opportunities and partnerships emerge, working with the Head of Commercial to finalise the terms, managing the contract process and brief the internal stakeholders.
- Researching sales leads for new content, branded services, products and solutions for prospective partners
- Sourcing and assessing potential partners, which may involve performing competitive research with a view to assessing opportunities and to create and instigating new sales opportunities
- Working with the Head of Commercial and Business Development to generate new deal structures and term sheets along with business models to ensure execution of deals
- Identify opportunities for continued business improvement and strategic new business opportunities to ensure the business is up to date and trialling new future growth initiatives.
- Assist in managing new opportunities during execution and incubation period, before handing over deal management and maintenance as part of business as usual for the relevant business unit
Scope & Impact
Provides support to the Head of Commercial and Business Development through project-based, inter-departmental team-work. This is a relatively self-sufficient role to support the rest of the business, and works largely on a project basis. The role will have a financial target it will be driven to achieve over the course of the year. The role will work closely with all departments of the business.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- With direction, candidate should be able to execute functional strategy to achieve business objectives in area of responsibility.
- Ensure all decisions are guided by BBC Studios’ regional and global business strategies.
- It’s critical that the successful candidate will be able to develop good working relationships across the business, and the Heads of each business line in ANZ, including the Director of Branded Services, the Head of Content Sales & Co-Productions and the General Manager.
- In addition, the role may engage with other internal stakeholders in head office and other regions to be able to provide, receive and exchange information and instructions, as well as with external key customers and prospective customers on occasion.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent researching skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office- particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Practice in sales ability- including business skills, commercial acumen and deal structuring skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of the global Media sector and competitive landscape, including an understanding of economic/commercial/political issues affecting the BBC and the wider industry.
- Creativity and a flare for innovation.
- Ability to communicate across all functions of the BBC and demonstrate a collaborative approach, a global as well as local mind set, and professional credibility.
No specific requirements
Significant experience in sales and/or business development will be looked upon favourably and experience in the media industry is desirable.
You must have full working rights in Australia to apply.
Role: Business Development Executive
Contract type: Perm - Full Time
Location: McMahons Point, Sydney
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered.
Please submit your CV and Cover letter by the 21st April to be considered.
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.