***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
To manage the Business Unit’s (BU’s) engagement in cross-team issues and projects, providing full business support and advice to senior managers. The role will help deliver the BU’s key priorities by focusing BU attention on KPIs and business plan objectives.
- Manage the implementation of strategic priorities and policies, the interpretation and translation into operational delivery and achievement of outcomes.
- Monitor business objectives by coordinating with senior management team; monitoring and reporting progress regularly to ensure that BU business plan is achieved.
- Oversee internal communication across BU in partnership with internal communications; ensuring consistency in tone of voice and supporting engagement.
- Manage policy and procedure compliance by proactively working with divisional specialists (e.g. IT, HR, Business Continuity, H&S, etc.) as required.
- Manage the provision of support services to the BU ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to in a customer-focused and cost-effective manner and ensure that there is clarity of purpose throughout the designated service/functional areas.
- Work closely with business support functions and other key stakeholders across the BBC to ensure that the business is effectively supported.
- Oversee the monitoring of the BU financial performance against budget, investigating variances
- Development of a framework in which sharing of knowledge and relevant training is provided to the BU to ensure a high standard of compliance in all aspects of operations within the BBC.
- Provides high-level administrative assistance (individual or through the management of administration function/team) to the BU/team, which includes HR processes (i.e. recruitment, induction, holiday booking, etc.); IT (ITC lead, ordering etc.); team diary management; organizing meetings (including taking minutes, booking rooms, etc.)
- Leading on change projects while overseeing compliance and governance activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of providing business management assistance in a professional service environment and/or a major organization.
- Well organized and strong experience of using analytical skills to forward plan, prioritize and make effective and timely operational decisions.
- Must be able to change priorities quickly to react to business requirements and influence others to do the same.
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing and ability to target content for the audience.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced computer skills with extensive demonstrable experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.).
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative to solve problems.
- Media sector experience.
- Project management qualification.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviors in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here