BBC StoryWorks, the BBC’s global creative content division, is seeking a Campaign Analyst to support the StoryWorks APAC. The role involves reporting and analysing campaign performance, optimising promotion and distribution strategies to ensure the delivery of key performance indicators for our advertising partners, and effectively communicating insights and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
This role also supports BBC StoryWorks’ approach to branded content and audience development from a data-centric point of view by identifying reporting trends, performance benchmarks, and audience behaviors to inform our creative strategy.
The ideal candidate would have a strong analytics background, a strong attention to detail, can pull actionable insights from the data, and can clearly communicate the stories that the data is telling.
- Proactively understand client KPIs for campaigns when partnership deals are being developed.
- Monitor, analyse, and optimise the engagement and overall performance of active content marketing campaigns and pitches to ensure successful delivery against client KPIs using Google Analytics, AT Internet, and data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Create and deliver comprehensive reports (Excel, PPT, Tableau) to inform BBC Storyworks teammates and/or clients on the campaign progress.
- Share actionable insights and recommend tactics to improve performance and optimise ongoing campaigns.
- Provide actionable insights and best practices from content proposal stage through end of campaign and provide proactive feedback to content strategy and sales teams to help drive partnership renewals.
Social media & third-party platform promotion
- Work with Social Media Manager to strategise social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter) and third-party platform promotion to achieve branded campaign’s goals at the lowest spend possible.
- Supervise the setup and optimisation of social media and third-party platform promotion.
- Provide estimates of campaign performances (e.g. page views, video views, social media impressions) for campaign pitches.
- Extract data to update benchmarking tools in weekly basis.
Insights and trends
- Benchmark data in collaboration with BBC StoryWorks global counterparts (including London, New York, Singapore, and Australia), collecting best practices and key learnings from campaigns delivered around the world.
- Collaborate with editorial, sales, and research teams to discover trends and audience behaviors that can help inform proactive creative strategy across verticals.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of digital media landscape (specifically the branded content space) and leverage learnings to further differentiate BBC StoryWorks.
- Assisting non-data oriented colleagues understand where analysis can help them with their day-to-day roles.
Are you the right candidate?
Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years of professional experience in digital marketing, data, or social media related role.
- Proficient in analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, AT Internet.
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot tables, lookups, IF statements, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Able to simplify and break down complex problems and deal with them systematically
- Prior experience in social media management would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of digital publishers or branded content studios is a plus.
- Analytical, naturally curious, and enjoys problem solving.
- Has a strong sense of organisation and attention to details.
- Passionate about digital content, social media, and production, and keeps abreast of industry trends, digital developments and competitor activity, and feed in new thinking.
- Dynamic and able to prioritise tasks whilst managing rapidly changing demands (such as deadlines and resources) and conflicting priorities.
- Able to work quickly in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Able to communicate with a diverse range of people and work in partnership across teams and regional offices.
- Able to effectively share results, knowledge, and ideas with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, proactive, adaptable, flexible, and have a sense of humor.
Role: Campaign Analyst, BBC StoryWorks
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to improving accessibility in our recruitment and selection processes at BBC Studios. If you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.