Do you have experience as a Casting Assistant? Passionate about Drama? Ready for the opportunity to progress your career? Then this is the role for you!
The in-house Drama Casting department specialises in casting hugely successful dramas including EastEnders, Casualty, Shakespeare and Hathaway, Father Brown and Doctors.
We are looking for a Casting Assistant to join BBC Studios Continuing Drama Series’ busy casting department.
You will support the Casting Director and will work closely with the in-house casting team.
The Casting Assistant is the main point of contact for agents, Producers & Directors and will arrange all casting sessions, liaise with agents, deal with correspondence & carry out general office duties.
Your administrative duties will include but are not limited to –
- Checking availabilities
- Issuing casting breakdowns via Spotlight
- Regularly updating lists
- Fielding calls
- Editing & uploading audition tapes
- Sending out script breakdowns and communicating last minute changes in casting sessions
- Deal with late scripts and schedules
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A passion for Drama Television & Theatre
- Casting experience within Drama
- A wide knowledge of actors and agents
- Experience of dealing with talent
- Demonstrable understanding of programme making
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Experience of dealing with confidential information
- Excellent communication skills & organisational skills
- Good IT skills are essential & a basic knowledge of editing software
Contract type: 6 Month FTC / Attachment (Maternity Cover)
Location: BBC Elstree, United Kingdom
**Please note that this is a standard Studios Production contract and potentially can involve up to 55 hours per week **
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/224227/60543 in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here