Catalogue Data Administrator
Global Markets, which encompasses Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, takes British content to the world. This is achieved through creative partnerships with local indies and broadcasters to create local content, affiliate channels deals to introduce BBC Brit, BBC Earth, BBC First and CBeebies to international audiences and finished programme sales to show fantastic content like Planet Earth II and Doctor Who to the world.
We have an opportunity for a Catalogue Data Coordinator to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The Catalogue Management Team is responsible for creating and maintaining content records and product IDs across different cataloguing systems.
The Catalogue Data Coordinator creates and maintains core and enhanced metadata and allocates financial coding across the BBC Worldwide content catalogue.
- Catalogue content data, using established content hierarchy conventions, into various databases to support asset management and fulfilment, sales availability and licencing, reporting and payments to talent and third party producers.
- Updating and maintaining the catalogue as content transmits to ensure global sales teams do not pre-empt UK network transmission.
- Enriching the content catalogue by researching and creating enhanced metadata to enable advanced searches by global sales teams.
- Deal with, to an agreed service level agreement (SLA), all email enquiries received from global sales teams into our shared inbox.
- Provide various scheduled and ad hoc reports to various business departments from the content catalogue (using bespoke reporting tools and Microsoft Access).
- Undertake specific projects and housekeeping tasks to ensure the data held in our catalogue is accurate, up-to-date and of the highest quality for all users.
Scope & Impact
The data managed by the Catalogue Management Team supports many businesses across BBC Worldwide and some Joint Venture partners across UK and global offices. It supports accurate income recognition for many BBC Worldwide businesses and payments to third parties. The data also enables the appropriate marketing of content and an appropriate content structure to which assets (master materials and ancillary) are linked.
- Content Investment to ensure correct transformation of investments into content records.
- Global Content (Sales) through feeds of content catalogue metadata into integrated systems.
- Other Global Sales Delivery teams to support accurate rights and deal management, asset management, content fulfilment and metadata packaging/delivery.
- Global Digital Media and DVD teams supporting subsequent distribution to iTunes, Netflix YouTube, BBC DVD etc.
- Content Marketing & Creative and Brands to support marketing activities using content data from our catalogue.
- Finance and Talent Accounting enabling accurate talent and third party payment and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience in data management is essential.
- Ability to manage large quantities of data, paying particular attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with other BBC Worldwide/BBC systems and Microsoft Access is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and working to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of the content acquisition process is desirable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.