BBC Studios Bristol, which consists of Unscripted Productions and the Natural History Unit is BBCS’ largest production base. To ensure the continued growth and success of this important content generating area, a major transformation project will facilitate new and innovative ways of working, to enhance growth potential and help provide competitive edge.
To support the delivery of this project, we are seeking an Change Manager, experienced in TV content production, to join the team in Bristol on a fixed term contract until Dec 2021. This exciting new project will set BBCS up for the future to attract and retain the best creative and production talent; to enable teams to flourish by operating in the most efficient way, to deliver commercial growth, cultural value and creative potential. Reporting to the Lead Project Manager, you will partner closely with Production teams to develop and deliver the change plan as part of the wider transformation project completing this year.
Conducting analysis to identify key areas of change and to understand the implications and adjustments required of the business.
Designing the sequencing and coordination of change activities to include appropriate interventions and the trialling of new processes.
Providing close consultation with the project lead and business leaders through clear oversight of the change plan and to ensure change management is a two-way process.
Ensuring a high level of engagement with wider business teams to land change requirements and promote understanding of the activities required of those teams.
Monitor progress against the plan and conduct business readiness assessments throughout the project lifecycle to identify and mitigate risk.
Working closely with other in-house departments (e.g. Internal Communications) and other workstream leads to ensure a joined-up approach.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Practical experience working in a content production environment, with an appreciation for how change affects the teams.
- An indepth understanding of the variety of production workflows, from returning strands to global landmarks.
- Commercially astute, understanding of the commercial imperatives underpinning the move and driving the studios business
- Experience of working on a transformation project and accomplished implementing change effectively
- Skilled in project management, qualifications advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of change management tools and techniques e.g. risk management, benefits realisation.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with senior stakeholders and able to advise and guide as required
- Own the change strategy, implementation and delivery
- Communication skills that demonstrate empathy, clarity and develop a shared understanding
- Ability to listen, interpret and articulate information in an engaging manner, adaptable to your audience.
- An awareness of the associated TV infrastructure in the local area is highly advantageous.
Contract: contract until Dec 2021
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more. (UK centric)
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.