The Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing information and recommendations to the business which provide support and helps grow its commercial activities. This is achieved by partnering with Ad Sales Leadership, through the provision of data analysis and insights, as well as through regular communication with key stakeholders within BBC Global News, the BBC group and the external market.
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, with a dotted line to the SVP Commercial Development Asia & ANZ, the focus of this role will be to support management in the APAC region and wider business in their key business decisions & strategic projects. It’s a full time position based in our Singapore office.
Business Budgeting/Forecasting and targets setting
- Own and drive the budgeting and forecasting processes, track sales performance on a regular basis providing senior management with a clear view on risks and opportunities
- Support the business by working with the SVP Commercial Development in establishing Sales KPIs and Targets in territories across the Region
Management Reporting and Sales Enablement
- Strategic Projects
- Assist the business in exploring commercial partnerships enabling maximum ROI on business initiatives.
- Evaluate costing models for profitability
- Support the business on projects, models, business cases driving commercial growth
- Sales Pipeline Management : Provide regular information to best facilitate regional Sales Management in achieving their targets which includes sales performance tracking against targets, prospective clients, past advertisers, product pipelines & lost advertisers
Market Intelligence and Benchmarking:
Source, analyze and communicate industry information & trends inclusive of competitor, technology, agency, and market trends relevant to sales teams
Process Improvement & Automation:
- Work in collaboration with the BI Data team to collate requirements for business support tools, ensuring accurate scoping for data foundations to be built correctly
- Use Tableau, Alteryx and other data analytical tools to automate data processes and create self-serve dashboards; equipping the business with best in class information and insights
Direct & Programmatic Yield
Provide support to the Pricing & Yield Manager in delivering the following:
- Maximize yield across Direct and Programmatic digital as well as TV by analyzing performance data, producing recommendations and insights, and communicating these to sales directors and programmatic leads across all APAC markets
- Ensure teams are optimizing CPM's and reduce reliance on added value and discounts
- Continuously adjust OMP floor prices in all SSP's to maximize revenue output
- Review rate cards regularly and propose changes to Sales Policy
- Create and maintain international and local market programmatic rate cards
- Analyze pricing performance data with internal business tools and identify revenue opportunities across region
The Ideal Candidate
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
An ability to work concisely and accurately is vital. You will also be involved in technologies and project work that drive the business forward. The candidate will need to show leadership qualities to teams, challenge the current processes with scope to improve and provide actionable insights for the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written & oral, ability to blend empathy whilst maintaining credibility and authority
- Entrepreneurial, autonomous and results oriented
- Detail focused whilst being able to maintain a view of the bigger picture
- Keen to challenge the status quo and take initiatives to drive positive change
- Able to navigate complex and disparate systems and datasets
- Able to negotiate well and build relationships on a business and cross divisional basis - at all levels but particularly at a senior level
Regular communication with all APAC offices and senior management is essential, whilst also developing a strong network of contacts across the BBC. To have regular interactions across BBC Global News including Sales, Editorial, Ad Operations, Ad Technology, business support services and BBC StoryWorks, BBC Global News’ commercial content creation business.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification required
- 3+ years work experience in a Business Intelligence/analytics role with an exceptional track record
- Experience in management reporting, automation and business forecasting
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel and modelling
- Experience with SQL/Tableau/Alteryx/Salesforce is advantageous
- Proficient in PowerPoint and able to present insights/recommendations to the business
- Understanding of TV, Digital or new Media would be a plus.
Role: Commercial Analyst
BBC Global News
Contract Type: Permanent
Deadline for applications is 15 October 2021.
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.