The Commercial Supplier Management team’s scope of activities and responsibilities include, provision of proactive commercial advice stakeholders across the BBC, ensuring the BBC attains best value from its commercial relationships and adopts best practice in their management. The team also drive initiatives, in partnership with primary technology suppliers, to achieve additional value from our contracts. They assist the BBC in ensuring compliance with its responsibilities under technology contracts, and the effective resolution of any disputes.
The Commercial Executive (Contract Analyst) maintains and manipulates contract and supplier data generated by the business, working closely with the wider Commercial Supplier Management team to deliver business activity reviews of BBC technology contracts and supplier spend profiles.
The Commercial Executive also works to analyse and develop both structured and unstructured data sources, alongside qualitative contract and relationship information gathered from across the Design & Engineering division, and stakeholders from across the BBC. They ensure the sources used in support of commercial analysis activities are credible reflections of the BBC’s various contractual positions, and are also tasked with developing new sources of data and internal relationships, to be leveraged for insights.
The Ideal Candidate
- Research and/or sales experience within the international television industry and a good understanding of the needs and motivations of programme makers.
- A high level of computer literacy with extensive knowledge of databases and spreadsheet packages.
- A genuine interest in the range of genre content
- Knowledge of contractual and copyright matters including rights and clearances.
- Familiarity with technical specifications of deliverables is desirable.
About the Company
Why you should come and work for us!
- Excellent career progression
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities
- A vibrant digital community
- A variety of technical challenges
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
If this role sounds of interest to you and you have the above essential skills and experience, we cannot wait to hear from you, so apply at your earliest opportunity!