Commercial Financial Analyst
We are looking for two Analysts to join the Commercial Finance team on a 12 month fixed term contract..
The Commercial Finance team reports into the CFO and plays a leading role in investment analysis, commercial deal support, M&A, financing and strategic reviews across the business.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide appraisal over investment initiatives and advice into internal investment boards.
- Perform analysis on M&A opportunities (investments and divestments), including the preparation of robust and informative valuation models.
- Foster a Business Partnering relationship with a wide range of internal stakeholders to provide high quality insight and support for commercial initiatives
- Support the development of cross-company financial reporting and prepare presentations, reports and analysis for Senior Management as required.
- Supporting strategic planning and transformation initiatives, including preparing consolidated financials and providing analysis and sensitivities into the programme boards.
- Perform transaction execution including co-ordination of due diligence, working with external advisors where necessary.
- Working with Company Secretarial to support the post-investment review process and assessing learnings to support future investment decision making.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Demonstrate the following key experience and skillsets:-
- Exceptional financial modelling and valuation experience is essential.
- Ability to produce high quality and detailed analytics whilst focussing on key messages to senior stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with excellent organisational skills.
- Driven and enthusiastic, and an able to communicate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of the media and entertainment industry is desirable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.