BBC Studioworks is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC and the place where ideas come to life. It provides studios and post-production services to producers of TV content in the UK. This includes production companies owned by the major broadcasters (e.g. BBC Studios, ITV Studios), large indies (e.g. Endemol Shine Group), and smaller indies. They may be producing shows for a wide range of commissioners including the UK public service broadcasters (i.e. BBC, ITV, C4, C5), other broadcasters (e.g. Sky, UKTV), and video on demand services (e.g. Britbox, Netflix).
Currently operating 7 studios across 3 sites in London (2 in Elstree and 1 at Television Centre near Shepherds Bush), our facilities are home to some of the nation’s most watched and loved television shows. The world-class studio and post-production spaces are equipped with the best technology and staffed by the most dedicated and talented people in the industry, such that BBC Studioworks is widely recognised as providing market-leading quality and service.
Reporting into the Senior Commercial Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering a substantial proportion of annual revenue across our studios (and post production) and maximising revenue and EBITDA.
- Support maximum utilisation and yield for the studios (and associated services), such that we exceed the annual commercial targets
- Proactively engage with current and new clients to grow our customer base, capturing new projects in addition to retaining existing partnerships.
- Lead commercial negotiations from quoting through to completion of contract agreement
- Manage front line sales enquires, owning customer relationships, engendering loyalty whilst ensuring all opportunities are acted upon in a timely and conclusive manner
- Partner collaboratively with Operations and commercial teams, creating a mutual trust and ensuring a seamless customer experience as a project crosses from one part of the team to another and supporting the delivery teams in resolving any potential conflicts in a timely and conclusive manner.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in shaping new services whilst identifying opportunities to secure volume deals and joint studios and post production contracts.
- Help develop new pricing strategies, such that we maximise our yield and drive revenue growth
- Support the full use of the company’s reporting and billing system (Mediapulse), to ensure streamlined access and excellent quality of data accuracy. e.g. reporting, billing
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studioworks we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Knowledge of the TV sector, and specifically experience working within a studio production environment.
- Strong relationship management skills and an effective influencing style to win and retain business.
- Proven success in conversion of enquiries to sales, and proactive new business generation. This person will have the ability to achieve the highest volumes of studio bookings and must be comfortable working with commercial targets.
- Experience of end to end commercial contract negotiations and the ability to evaluate and objectively decide between different commercial opportunities.
- High level of numeracy and comfort with financial management including budgets, pricing strategies, reporting and billing.
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with a range of different internal teams (Operations, Finance, Legal, etc).
- A creative and innovative approach to providing effective propositions to achieve the highest volumes of studio utilisation.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of motivation.
- High level of organisational ability including good time-management / prioritisation skills
Location: London, UK
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here