Would you like to join the Commercial Supplier Management Team and be part of making the BBC great!
The Commercial Team manages technology related supplier relationships for the BBC, working closely with operational colleagues. The Team maintains whole lifecycle relationships with suppliers – from maintaining contact and understanding strategic alignment and opportunity, through market engagement, contract award, live service (performance management, handling escalations and disputes as necessary) and finally exit and transition activity. We have a wide remit covering over 200 suppliers to the BBC. The number of suppliers coupled with the whole lifecycle approach to supplier management means that everyday is different as a member of this Team.
This role is part of a team that it is key to enabling the Technology group, and consequently the BBC, to achieve its strategic goals and continue to deliver exceptional services to BBC audiences. You will be part of a team made of diverse and highly capable individuals who work together to achieve the best possible outcome from supplier relationships for the BBC. We’re looking for a new member for our team who thrive on a challenge, want to make a difference and who are looking for a career not just a job.
As a Commercial, Rights & Business Affairs Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the operational management of technology contracts spanning multiple third party suppliers, and will lead the negotiation process between BBC and those suppliers for both contract variations and new business.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring of benchmarks and performance monitoring criteria where necessary in order to evaluate and optimise value-for-money and overall quality-of-service.
- Ensure BBC and third party supplier compliance with responsibilities and obligations under technology contracts and drive effective resolution of any disputes
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with suppliers, BBC stakeholders, BBC divisions, senior management and BBC departments (Finance, Legal, Procurement, Service Assurance, Business Development etc.) as required.
- Ensure adherence with BBC corporate policies and that the BBC’s strategic objectives are effectively reflected in new commercial arrangements.
- Ensure that records are maintained and effectively managed to a level that withstands scrutiny by senior management, internal auditors or organisations such as the NAO and that industry best practise is applied to contract and commercial matters. To ensure that commercial and contractual objectives of technology contracts are effectively tracked.
- Ensure the effective governance of technology supplier contracts including resolution, escalation and management of commercial and contractual issues as they arise.
- Provide expert professional advice and support in the management of contractual and commercial matters to BBC divisions and stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant negotiating, commercial management and contracting experience.
- Record of effective teamwork.
- Experience of managing risk and delivering projects in a complex environment.
- An approach that encompasses teamwork , proactivity, creativity, flexibility, resilience, passion and energy.
- Builds and maintains team standards of high performance and professionalism.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, the broadcast, production or digital media sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current market intelligence and global media trends.
- Legal knowledge and experience.
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here