Based in Singapore and part of the Asia Pacific Communications team, this role is responsible for providing support and assistance to the communications team in the Asia region, including programme publicity and internal communications.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Creation of monthly content EDM for dissemination to media which involves researching and downloading material, proof reading, editing or writing the content
- Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, Asia, some ideation and pitching of stories to media
- Work with Communications Manager, Asia, as well as the regional marketing team to maximize coverage for events
- Oversee press screener site and first point of contact for screener requests from media
- Media contacts research and maintaining of media database
- Managing key word searches for press coverage database, and creating regular coverage reports
- Assist with compiling and disseminating the daily digest news service
- General communications admin support
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good level of Chinese literacy - both simplified and traditional Chinese.
- Knowledge of other Asia languages an advantage but not essential
- Able to use the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to deadline in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Motivated and proactive personality
- Team player with a sense of humour.
- A passion for television and British content.
*Interested candidates must attached a cover letter expressing ‘what you hope to get out of the internship’ ?
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here