Based in Singapore and part of the Asia Pacific Communications team, this role is responsible for managing publicity campaigns for BBC Studios in the Asia region, including programme publicity, corporate and internal communications.
Under the direction of the Singapore-based Communications Manager Asia, this role helps to deliver the communications narrative for BBC Studios South & South East (S&SE) and North East (NE) Asia on an ongoing basis, in line with business targets.
- Lead and take full responsibility for communications campaigns which publicise our premium channels and SVOD service to viewers across Asia. Ensure that they are constantly front of mind for media, influencers and viewers alike, coming up with creative hooks and seeking out new outlets/audiences/influencers.
- Manage talent interviews to achieve agreed communications aims. Prepare briefing documents for talent prior to interviews and help coordinate the interviews as they happen.
- Research, write and distribute press releases and information – selling in to press as necessary.
- Research and organise press/public facing events and activities.
- Anticipate and manage issues with potentially negative impact, handling reactive issues as required.
- Support the Communications Manager Asia to raise the profile of certain areas of the business, senior executives and new projects, in the trade media and at industry events.
- Research, write and implement internal communications for the Asia region on ‘the app’, our internal social media platform, and help drive global internal communications initiatives in the region.
- Maintain/ create strong relationships with consumer, specialist, trade press and influencers in the Asia region, with a particular focus on Singapore and Malaysia.
- Liaising with colleagues in London, arrange and manage set visits, interviews, press tours and film crew requests in the UK for key series showing on our channels or client’s platforms.
- Work closely with UK and global communications teams to co-ordinate announcements/stories for media outlets, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Proven experience of media relations, particularly on consumer PR campaigns
Excellent news sense with ability to write, clear and lively copy, which stimulates media interest.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills (spoken and written) with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of contacts at different levels.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent creativity and idea-generation
- Be digitally savvy.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Motivated and proactive personality
- Ability to work effectively in a team and lead on projects.
- A passion for television and British content.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the media/broadcasting environment.
- Mandarin speaking.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.