Company Secretarial Assistant
BBC Worldwide is looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant to assist in the provision of a high quality, professional company secretarial and administrative service to the Company Secretarial team within BBC Worldwide. Unlike a Personal/Executive Assistant, this role supports specific legal and corporate responsibilities, which the successful candidate will have had exposure to.
The post holder will work with both Business and Legal Affairs and Finance colleagues globally. The Company Secretarial Assistant is likely to gain exposure to members of the BBC Worldwide Board and the Worldwide Executive Committee (WEx) including the Chairman (the BBC Director-General), non-executive Directors, BBC Worldwide’s CEO and their assistants, and will regularly handle highly confidential information.
- Provide high quality professional administrative and company secretarial services within the Company Secretariat, including the management of UK statutory filings and a range of international matters.
- Maintain a corporate calendar with the key meeting dates within BBC Group, working closely with the Deputy Company Secretary and other colleagues within BBC Worldwide and BBC public service to achieve this and assist with the planning and management of the meeting lifecycle.
- Work closely with other members of the Company Secretarial team to assist in the preparation and collation of Board and Committee papers, most of which are prepared in Diligent Boards.
- Maintain a comprehensive shared drive and filing system for the group’s company secretarial function and manage a consistent naming structure for all Board and Committee meeting papers.
- Maintain the Blueprint OneWorld company secretarial records working closely with the Deputy Company Secretary to ensure any changes are recorded promptly.
- Maintain the Deputy Company Secretary’s diary ensuring that all Board, Committee and other meetings are diarised and prompt him on forward planning.
- Undertake general administrative activities in support of the Company Secretarial team including travel arrangements, invoicing, SAP purchase orders, budgets, etc.
- Assist with any projects that impact the Company Secretarial team as may be directed by the Deputy Company Secretary.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and experience
- have had recent experience in a company secretariat and, at least, be working towards the ICSA's Chartered Secretary qualification.
- Be highly organised and methodical with a first-class attention to detail.
- Be experienced in working at pace in a changing environment, able to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Have strong planning skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Be able to work independently and manage your own workload but not be afraid to ask for help as required.
- Be proactive, use your initiative to identify the next steps of a task
- Have strong communication skills - interpersonally, orally and written.
- Be able to quickly integrate into a dynamic team and work collaboratively.
- Be computer literate with specific experience of Microsoft Office. It would be advantageous if you had experience of Blueprint OneWorld or GEMS software and Diligent Boards, but this is not essential.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.