Content Accountant - BBC News
The BBC are now recruiting for a Content Accountant to work with BBC News Group and provide professional financial support to the Business Managers, Editors, Budget Holders and Centre of Excellence teams.
- Work closely with editorial leads to develop and track budget plans.
- Provide insightful commentary and analysis to the management accounting team in the Finance Central in Cardiff in respect of financial results and forecasts.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and assist the budget holders in identifying possible savings.
- Monitor areas of spend to detect exceptions to BBC finance policies, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the Assistant Accountants.
Are you the right candidate?
- Significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at management level.
- Ability to take complex data / principles and to communicate these in an understandable way to non SME's.
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls.
- Qualified or Part Qualified professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or equivalent
Contract type: 12 month attachment / fixed term contract
Location: New Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London. W1A 1AA
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here