The Content Data Coordinator will manage accurate and timely information and processes which supports various key BBC Studios business areas including marketing, sales, finance, operations and talent accounting.
The role requires (daily) contact with internal colleagues based in London and overseas. Works closely with a variety of contacts including Sales, other Global Sales Delivery teams and the broader Operations teams, Finance, Technology and external stakeholders - including clients and vendors.
Research and maintain core and enhanced content and product hierarchies and metadata, version management and the allocation of financial IDs across the Content catalogue. This metadata supports both internal departments and end-to-end processes, and external customer facing platforms such as our portfolio of channels such as BBC Brit, BBC Earth and BBC First, or our Video on Demand (VOD) and Download to Own (DTO) customers such as Amazon, Netflix and iTunes.
This role provides on the job training and would be a good entry to the world of media and give someone an insight into how programmes are structured.
A self-motivated highly organised team player the post holder will be required to work as an active member of a team, establish good working relationships, be proactive, be collaborative, use initiative and be able to work without constant supervision.
Are you the right candidate?
- Ability to manage large quantities of data and have excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Display a methodical approach with attention to detail, be able to quickly assess and act on changing priorities, track workloads and handle a number of business critical processes simultaneously whilst working to deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- Excellent I.T skills, including Microsoft packages specifically Excel, essential.
- The ability to quickly pick up new IT systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- To be customer focussed and have the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people at all levels both within the company and externally.
- Understanding of media landscape preferable
- Professional behaviour with all stakeholder
- Be proactive. Stay one step ahead, take initiative, anticipate and avoid problems before they arise
- Global mind-set: thinking and acting for both local and global needs.
- Take initiative; identify and highlight areas of improvement – whether that be process or data related
- Experience or study in administration or data management; preferably in a media and/or metadata environment
- Experience of liaising with internal and external parties to complete tasks accurately to deadline is desirable.
- Working to deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team to achieve a common goal is essential
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.