Playing a supporting role in the internal transaction between BBC Studios Content Sales and Branded Services Acquisitions and Programming teams, the role will aide the co-ordination of the large volume of BBC Studios controlled programming being licensed to BBC Studios owned services across the EMEA region in quarterly buy-lists.
The role reports to the SVP Programming and Marketing, EMEA
Regular face-to-face (where possible) / phone / email contact with line manager, operational SMEs, Rights Associate/Coord, clients, finance teams, marketing, legal and business affairs in order to provide / receive / exchange information / instructions.
The role works closely with the Senior Content Liaison Co-ordinator and colleagues across Content Sales, Programming, Content Acquisitions and Deal Management teams to ensure seamless supply of content in line with scheduling deadlines.
- Provide a point of contact between the internal Content Sales and Deal Management teams and the BBC Studios Acquisition and Programming teams responsible for selecting, acquiring and scheduling all programming for BBCS Branded Services (linear and VOD).
- Build a rapport and communicate directly with Programming and Acquisitions counterparts on any issues and/or updates, proactively troubleshooting as required.
- Process quarterly buy-lists produced by the Acquisitions team, assessing pricing against rate-cards, adjusting for availability in conjunction with regional Content Sales teams.
- Pro-actively identify process improvements where possible
- Identify and escalate complex problems arising from conflicting priorities or complex rights positions
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Rights Management Team to ensure alignment and smooth transition of deals through clearances, costings and extensions.
- Use relevant internal databases to implement efficient tracking of all deals through the process.
- Ensure Programming are kept up to date of any risks or issues that may impact playout
- Track the handover of the buy-list to the Deal Management Team; ensure deal processing is achieved - liaising with stakeholders as required.
- Tracking queries and issues to ensure timely and complete responses.
- Track deal through to completion; including any amendments post deal processing.
Are you the right candidate?
- A diligent self-starter to establish good working relationships, be proactive and use initiative and be able to work without constant supervision
- Detail-oriented, with strong Excel skills and ability to deal with long lists of data, and passion for getting it right
- Strong administration, communication and organization skills and willingness to streamline and improve processes and efficiencies
- To be very ‘customer’ focused
- To work flexibly when under pressure at busy periods of the business calendar
- To have a methodical approach and demonstrate attention to detail
- Administrative experience, preferably within a media or sales environment
- An understanding of or interest in the media industry would be an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills on basic systems e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and need to be adept at learning new Systems.
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.