To bolster Top Gear's digital presence with a permanent, dedicated writer to assist the editorial team achieve its content production and traffic targets.
As part of TopGear.com’s ongoing expansion, we are looking to recruit a full-time Staff Writer with a specialist interest in cars and entertainment, to conceive, create and publish online news and features across our digital platforms.
- To source, write and publish news stories – along with those identified by the Digital Editor – on a range of topics on a daily basis, to a tight deadline
- To research, resize and publish imagery related to all stories
- To conceive, write and publish online features aimed at the growing TopGear.com audience
- To work with both Top Gear’s in-house social media and SEO teams to identify trends and conceive fresh new ideas
- To analyse daily and weekly data trends around news and trending topics and propose new story and feature ideas
- To act as an ambassador for Top Gear and the BBC at all times
Are you the right candidate?
- You will have the ability to write quickly, accurately, with humour, and to a deadline frequently throughout the day
- You will have an interest in automotive culture which is essential
- You will have knowledge of Photoshop and some experience of working on content management systems
- You will have strong communication skills with people from all levels, both internally and externally
Contract type: Permanent
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/ 2376696/60741 in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here