Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want your work to be seen by an online audience of millions?
We’re looking for a truly digital content producer with excellent editorial instincts and strong writing skills.
The right candidate will be able to spot a great story from across a broad range of news, sport and entertainment content, and be able to present it in the most engaging way possible. Sharp headline writing and picture editing skills are essential and may have been acquired in a journalism or social media environment. But you’ll also demonstrate a passion for helping people discover content. The Central Editorial Team sits at the heart of the BBC, online. Based at BBC North in Salford, we connect our audiences with the BBC's content on desktop, mobile, tablet, Red Button and Connected TV services.
On any day as a Content Producer you could be writing copy, publishing stories and reacting to breaking news on the bbc.co.uk homepage; sourcing images for TV and Radio shows from programme teams and using the latest editing software to create and publish them on iPlayer; or managing the release of content onto red button TV services to support a huge range of high-profile events such as Wimbledon, Glastonbury and Eurovision.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for a talented Producer with the following skills and experience:
- A wealth of experience as a digital content producer or an assistant content producer
- Up-to-date knowledge of the BBC’s output alongside demonstrable editorial and creative flair
- A firm appreciation of how audiences use digital media and an understanding of the most effective ways to engage with them.
- Demonstrable experience of writing clear, concise copy and Photoshop skills are essential.
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Experience of of delivering to tight deadlines within a live, public-facing environment, preferably incorporating News content.
If you are an experienced Content Producer looking for a challenge, then please apply immediately to be considered for this unique opportunity!
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.