BBC StoryWorks is the BBC’s global content marketing division, part of BBC Global News, and is designed to strategically plan and facilitate innovative and high quality content solutions for a wide spectrum of advertising clients in the areas of sponsored editorial content, custom commercial content and branded content.
BBC StoryWorks builds on the BBC’s award-winning global expertise in creating compelling film and video, written, visual and digitally innovative content.
The primary purpose of the role is to deliver excellent, market-leading content solutions and to help further develop BBC StoryWorks’ solutions portfolio in your market, covering Sub Saharan Africa.
The scope of the Content Strategist reaches across a wide range of internal and external contacts in-region and sometimes globally. They will help manage relationships with:
- BBC regional Ad Sales teams
- BBC internal commercial teams (BBC StoryWorks, Pricing & Inventory, Marketing, Research & Insights, Creative Services), global
- Editorial teams, global
- Content contributors (writers, designers, video producers, bloggers, etc.), global
- Local production companies (Regional)
- Clients, media agencies (regional)
- Working with the Africa Ad Sales team, lead on client content briefs, forming innovative, relevant and commercially viable proposals and developing appropriate distribution and amplification strategies
- Source and utilise market/audience/brand insights and emerging trends in topics and formats to ideate creatively and form original, relevant and commercially viable content propositions, and working with independent editorial teams as appropriate
- Attend pre- and post-sales client meetings to bring to life, explain and refine creative ideas
- Be an integral part in the selling process and act as creative advisor and brand strategy expert
- Championing category insights in the region and incentivising the team to utilize and evolve to ensure maximum response effectiveness and campaign impact
- Forge key relationships with creative teams at agencies to ensure BBC
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in social, content or digital strategy. Agency experience a plus.
- Experience of working for a global media company (ideally UK) with a strong knowledge and understanding of the commercial landscape in Africa.
- Experience with video production, layout design and written content storytelling is essential.
- Experience in working with native/client-funded content.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Ability to commission on vision, on budget and on deadline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, detailed reader/line editor and creative thinker.
- Exemplary powerpoint/keynote and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of how to develop an insight led strategy
- Deep understanding of current social, branded content, digital, mobile and tablet landscapes
Contract type: 12 month FTC
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here