***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
The Content and Scheduling Coordinator, Operations will assist in the delivery of non-technical assets to Digital Distribution partners including, but not limited to, Apple iTunes, Amazon, BritBox, Google Play, Hulu, Microsoft Xbox Video, Netflix, Sony PSN, and Vudu; creating and assisting in the delivery of all ancillary assets to each digital distribution platform. S/he will support the Senior Manager, Content Planning, in preparing the content for delivery from content version creation in the Sony DADC digital backbone to client-specific metadata uploads, and will work to ensure all content goes live on service on time and to a suitable quality. S/he will also assist in the tracking of ancillary assets and tape materials by regularly updating a comprehensive US and Canada Digital Distribution delivery tracker. S/he will also work closely with scheduling work in Media Pulse for the larger North American Global Operations team.
- Active Digital Media Clients: 15 approx
- Annual Digital Media Deals: 20 - 25 approx
- Staff reporting: none
- Maintain on a daily basis the departmental resource management tool; Media Pulse:
- Act as the main point of contact for edit suite and systems booking requests.
- Create jobs, media orders and work orders as needed.
- Update jobs, media orders and work orders as each progresses through their lifecycle.
- Assist with media order and work order Actualization and Billing and follow procedures to maintain accurate system database information.
- Create new resources, billing codes and other system upgrades as directed by the Management team.
- Track the creation and delivery of all metadata sheets to partner platforms:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Digital Distribution metadata specifications for each client.
- Create custom metadata sheets for episodes added to the Digital Distribution EST rolling release schedule for live partner platforms including, but not limited to, Apple iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Microsoft Xbox Video, Sony PSN, and Vudu
- Assist in the creation of custom metadata sheets for VOD renewal and new content launches for partners such as Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
- Deliver metadata via Aspera or alternate methods to relevant partners.
- Whenever relevant customize existing EST metadata sheets to meet the needs and exact specifications of new clients:
- Create custom sheets for 1,000 – 1,200 unique episodes per partner for new clients and new deals yet to be announced.
- Create complex xml files and work in xml creator systems to suit the needs of new clients.
- Support in the fulfillment of ancillaries for VOD package deals such as Hulu and Netflix:
- Assist in the creation of custom metadata sheets.
- Track the unique Product IDs created by BBC Studios Product Development
- Track the delivery of ancillary assets to partner platforms by updating a Digital Distribution Delivery Tracker:
- Paying close attention to regular updates to the EST rolling schedule, maintain an accurate list of episodes, including live dates and delivery dates, for future digital deliveries to partner portals.
- Ensure the tracker contains accurate content version information by regularly referencing SPS and the Sony DADC Digital Backbone Inventory Report.
- Input product ID codes into the Delivery Tracker and double-check all delivery notifications to ensure the correct product ID code has been used.
- Log all re-delivery requests raised by live Digital Distribution partners in the Delivery Tracker, including a brief description of the reason for the re-delivery request, and ensure re-deliveries remain high on the priority list for the technical fulfillment team.
- Log all delivery notifications in the Delivery Tracker.
- Distribute weekly launch reports and avails for relevant EST partners:
- Create a master report detailing all video files due to launch on EST partner platforms each week.
- Distribute a weekly launch schedule in a standardized format to Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play, and other client technical teams that may become relevant in the future.
- Once a week, distribute an updated episodic avails in a standardized format to Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play, and other client technical teams that may become relevant in the future.
- Assist in the tracking of EST and SVOD partner reporting:
- Maintain an updated US ID Masterlist with new EST launches.
- When Product IDs need to be amended, communicate these changes to relevant clients.
- Support the finance teams by supplying any missing or updated Product IDs.
- When needed, support in providing Product IDs to be mapped for the Media Morph team.
- When needed, support the team in providing Product IDs to the Digital, Fiction, and Factual Content Sales Coordinators for input into SVOD deal memos.
- Support in the organization and creation of ancillaries on Apple iTunes:
- As and when required, make changes to playlists and pricing for releases and discount promotions in iTunes Connect.
- Communicate on a monthly basis digital product ID live dates to Product Development.
- Assist with additional ad-hoc projects as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position is located within the North America Operations Department, and has close ties to the TV Sales/Co-Production teams, as well as Product Development, Asset Acquisitions, Consumer Products, and larger international Global Operations teams.
- Balancing workloads across ongoing rolling schedules for existing partners and bulk content deliveries for new partner launches.
- Dealing with a regularly changing list of specific partner requirements.
- Whenever relevant, managing 1,000+ unique metadata sheets in a time-effective way.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION:
This job requires a keen attention to detail to ensure all deliveries are completed accurately, in good time, and to the highest possible quality. A high degree of organization is also required to ensure all key accountabilities are properly scaled and scheduled to prevent workflow bottlenecks. Some events are cyclical and predictable – like a rolling schedule of content releases that mirrors broadcast schedules – whereas others appear in bulk and require immediate action. This position is often focused on responding to multiple partner requests, therefore the workload can be difficult to predict. Information is received and disseminated daily via e-mail, newsletters, press, phone calls, and meetings of all types.
Regular direction will be provided by the Senior Manager, Content Planning. Additional daily workload direction will sometimes be provided by the Senior Technical Manager, Digital Distribution & TV Sales.
This position has daily contact with the US Digital Distribution and Sales teams in New York, and with the BBC Studios Global Operations and Asset Acquisitions teams in London.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong interest and knowledge of the US Digital Distribution marketplace, with at least 1 years’ experience in digital delivery, metadata support, or digital media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to pay strong attention to intricate and varied details.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the US television market.
- Keen knowledge and interest in the digital space preferred.
- Familiarity with BBC programming and British television programming in general, or with niche programming generally.
- Knowledge of xml and excel.
- Some experience working in a CMS (Content Management System) environment.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- College degree.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here