Here at BBC Good Food we are currently looking for a Cookery Assistant to come and join our wonderful team. The Cookery Assistants role is to work within the busy food hub to plan and test recipe content for publication across the Good Food brand.
This is a 6 month Fixed Team Contract.
As the Cookery Assistant, you will develop productive relationships with colleagues across the UK Publishing and Digital teams within BBC Studios.
- To test all recipes for the Good Food brand, using your advanced cookery skills and knowledge to ensure all recipes work well and are suitable for publication.
- Make sure all recipe testing notes are entered onto the relevant feature, ensuring the copy is written in Good Food style. Organise copy into correct files on Good Food server and communicate with other members of the team to ensure copy is delivered efficiently and deadlines are hit.
- Manage kitchen administration, such as food ordering and kitchen schedules. Oversee kitchen porters to ensure the kitchen is being cleaned and stocked to the required level.
- Ensure food waste is kept to a minimum, non-reusable plastics are used sparingly and recycling protocols are in place and being implemented in the test kitchen.
- Assist with photoshoots, videos and Good Food shows when necessary. This may include briefing photo shoots with the Art department, sending recipes to Food Stylists and prepping food for videos and shows.
- Respond to all cookery-related reader enquires, through email, post or telephone conversation.
- To comply with all relevant BBC Studiossafety rules, procedures and guidelines and to be aware of responsibilities under the BBC Studios safety policy.
- To comply with BBC Studios policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
Are you the right candidate?
- Cookery diploma or equivalent qualification.- Essential
- Confident in your ability to cook.
- Have a strong passion for food.
- Relevant work experience/internship within Food publishing (not essential)