***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a passionate and creative Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. You'll have immediate ownership and be responsible for supporting the Consumer, Distribution and Trade Marketing team across major programs / campaigns.
- Assist the BBC News marketing team in weekly deliverables with the goal of becoming an ambassador for the BBC News brand
- Support the collection of information, development of narrative and proofing of marketing/trade assets, including but not limited to sales presentations, editorial content sponsorships, research insights, one-sheets, and case studies
- Own the development, design and measurement of a monthly trade newsletter
- Work directly with vendors and manage the budget for the creation and distribution of branded premiums
- Manage all invoice & PO processing, i.e. raising POs, tracking costs for projects, setting up vendors, making sure POs paid in timely manner
- Help manage and optimize BBC digital inventory and provide detailed reports back to management
- Support the marketing of BBC World News to help increase sales and reach of the channel
- Support larger team with industry insights and desk research
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 1-2 years of experience in the media industry
- Curious, with a desire to learn new things
- Background in marketing a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize requests and responsibilities from a variety of sources
- Must be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here