We have an exciting new opportunity to join the BBC Group's Corporate Finance team, working across the BBC's public service and the BBC's commercial subsidiaries. The Group Corporate Finance team leads on financing, investment and transaction activities in the BBC, providing advice and execution expertise at the most senior levels in the BBC. The role will be managed by Corporate Finance Partners in the team who report into the Head of Corporate Finance.
You will be directly involved in the assessment of strategic options and commercial opportunities for the Group (where the BBC is a principal or shareholder). You will also provide support on transaction and non-transaction corporate finance valuation, negotiations and advice.
- Build collaborative relationships across the BBC’s finance leadership teams, public service divisions, Group functions and commercial subsidiaries
- Act as a critical adviser to support the appraisal, challenge and resolution of key business initiatives and issues
- Provide assistance in the assurance and delivery of recommendations and solutions, based on high quality financial and strategic analysis
- Help to influence BBC decision-makers in the shareholder oversight of the BBC’s commercial subsidiaries, promote transformational change, and solve complex questions
- Work with senior colleagues in the team to help manage projects that progress the BBC’s strategy, adopting a collaborative approach and co-ordinating across multiple teams
- Identify best practice in corporate finance analysis and advice
The Ideal Candidate
You will preferably have some background in working in corporate finance or a closely-related discipline, advisory or in-house. A professional accounting qualification is not a requirement for this role. Your background would ideally include experience in:
• Corporate finance or related areas (such as mergers and acquisitions; or equity and debt issuance)
• Project management support
• Financial return or valuation analysis
• Assisting in the delivery of presentations and written advice
• Providing support for partnering with stakeholders or clients
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here