Corporate Partnerships Account Manager (BBC Children in Need)
BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK Charity. Our vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
The Charity, currently supporting 2,484 projects working with children and young people in the UK, with a total value of c.£137m, has the following strategic aims:
- To increase our impact: to accelerate and broaden the positive and measurable impact that we have on the lives of children and young people.
- To build strong financial foundations: to drive income growth and optimise our funds to maximise the benefit they can have.
- To build a strong charity: be an efficient, effective and well-run organisation, which supports its staff to be their best.
Last year BBC Children in Need received over 3,400 applications for funding and awarded 1,400 grants to the value of £51.4 million.
We now need to appoint a Corporate Partnership Account Manager on initial 6 month fixed-term contract to start as soon as possible. Based from Bridge House in Salford, you will manage and drive a portfolio of partners who can help to add breadth and depth to the annual Appeal as well as generate additional income.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an organisation where your stakeholder management and relationship building skills will make a difference to the lives of 480,000 disadvantaged children and young people right here in the UK.
*THIS ROLE WILL BE BASED FROM SALFORD ONLY*
- Generate and drive sustainable partnerships with commercial organisations, meeting increasing annual targets for income, campaign presence and reach
- Manage a specified portfolio of partners at a senior level to develop their own bespoke fundraising campaigns, working across product development, brand engagement, PR, marketing and social media
- Manage, develop and motivate partners by engaging staff, customers and key stakeholders at every level by bringing to life BBC Children in Need and our values.
- Seek opportunities to increase income and reach to new audiences
- Monitor, review, evaluate and present strategic growth areas to dedicated partners.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an Account Manager with a proven track record of driving mutually beneficial partnerships in a competitive commercial environment. You will be experienced at managing key stakeholders at every level and developing bespoke programmes to drive revenue and engagement. Experience of working as part of a creative team developing high profile consumer campaigns and exposure to brand partnership marketing is highly desirable. You will have strong relationship building skills and have experience operating at a senior level.
You will be supported by a friendly team environment and provided with the resources to be successful in your role.
About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.