Overall responsibility for BBC Media Action’s work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Leads the development and implementation of the country strategy. Leads on identifying and bringing in new business in line with the agreed strategic directions, to support BBC Media Action’s diverse portfolio of work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Responsible for leading and supporting a team to develop and deliver projects to agreed targets and objectives, ensuring compliance with BBC editorial standards and BBC Media Action’s policies.
Responsibilities will be to:
- Provide dynamic, inspirational leadership and management to project, research and finance teams.
- Provide sound management and editorial leadership to the Eastern Europe and Central Asia team, ensuring any outputs adhere to the BBC editorial standards and ensuring compliance with BBC Media Action’s policies.
- Identify and bring in new business in line with the agreed strategic directions in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with funding agencies, stakeholders and partners, including development of new funding opportunities.
- Manage and develop a diverse team, ensuring that staff are appropriately inducted, trained and developed, and performance is appropriately managed.
- Represent and be accountable for the organisation and ensure its work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia is relevant and appropriate.
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate will have Senior leadership and management experience in the development or media sectors (preferably both) and significant budget management experience, demonstrating effective use of resources and responsibility for large budgets. You will have substantial experience in the management of diverse teams of staff, including recruitment, management, discipline and professional development.
Experience developing and securing international development or media projects, including the ability to develop new project ideas and present these persuasively to potential partners and funders, and write successful proposals is essential.
A record of forming effective relationships with a range of local and international partners, including at the highest levels of government and media, managing effective teamwork between partners and stakeholders, including those with differing agendas will also be required along with proven ability to deliver complex projects to deadlines and within budget, with good record of donor liaison and reporting.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here