Creative Development Executive (10 month FTC)
In the UK, BBC Worldwide enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
The role is responsible for providing a quality design, product development and approval service for BBC Worldwides consumer products licensing business.
The role will ensure the product development proceeds smoothly and achieves production deadlines and targets maintaining a high degree of design integrity and commercial competitiveness.
The post will be directly responsible for product development from concept through to production on assigned brands, covering both UK and International ranges, for assigned childrens and/or adult properties, ensuring creative excellence and integrity across all brands.
- Provide a quality design service to licensees, ensuring a high degree of design input, rangeplanning and creative and commercial guidance to maximise the brand and commercial potential of the BBC Worldwide portfolio. Work with all relevant teams and stakeholders to ensure development is on brand and adheres to all product development and approval stages.
- Develop relationships with rights owners to maximise brand potential. Work closely with rights owners and where necessary mediate between licensees and rights owners to overcome specific design and market needs as well as technical requirements of licensees and retailers without loss of brand integrity.
- Through strong market awareness supply inspiration for the development of line extensions, promoting longevity of BBC brands for licenses. This will require a high degree of product innovation, visualization, trend awareness and design guidance, so that Worldwide is recognised as having a USP in its creative and design capabilities.
- Actively evaluate product development needs of partners beyond core brand materials. Manage development of creative materials from photoshoots through to Style Guides, under the direction and budget agreed with the Creative Manager, including the direction of illustrators, designers and printers, as required.
- Ensure that all product follows the design requirements of the relevant brand through adherence to the relevant Style Guide and that the necessary ethical and brand protection and rights requirements are featured on all product and packaging.
- Work with the Marketing, Sales and Retail departments to pull together inspiration boards and product development plans for presentation purposes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Creative thinking
- Influencing and networking
- Commercial acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Project management
- Communication and presentation skills.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.