Creative - Digital
BBC Creative is the BBC’s in-house creative agency. Launched in January 2016, the ambition is simple: to be the best in the world at what we do, for the world’s best broadcaster. Under the creative leadership of Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon, the team produce and deliver work to support all the BBC’s brands and platforms. The aim is to show audiences the vast range of BBC programmes and services available to them through creative engaging marketing materials such as trails, idents and graphics. To see some of the work go to http://www.bbccreative.co.uk
The digital creative team at BBC Creative is one of the most exciting places to work. The digital creative team lead the way in campaigns finding ways to bring our productions to a new audience, whether its with the top talent or doing extreme stunts using the entire family of BBC digital and social destinations.
Specific responsibiities include -
- Working closely with social teams and marketing teams to develop world class ideas and creative digital solutions, leading on the direction of digital concepts and ideas
- Creating original digital concepts in line with the brief
- Researching and preparing projects in support of agreed digital concepts and facilitate and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Providing technical advice to the BBC Creative team and Social team (where deemed necessary)
- Attending meetings, where appropriate, to advise the Campaign team on the best way to realise digital requirements and production values within given operational constraints
- Developing ideas and basic concepts into fully worked out solutions for new campaigns using the full range of available media
- Employing the use of digital software for creative media manipulation, graphic design, animation and the creation of multi-platform content
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have creative experience in broadcast promotions or advertising which will include -
- Practical production experience
- Well-developed digital skills
- Excellent creative skills, with a proven track-record of devising original cross-media promotional campaigns:
- Idea generation / conceptual thinking
- Developing creative treatments
- Copywriting and/or art direction
- Ability to create multi-media campaigns for all platforms
Grade 7 (proposed band C)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.