Creative Director - Global Brands
The Creative Director will be responsible for devising and creating outstanding and innovative Global integrated campaigns for BBC Worldwide’s Global Brands. They will be an expert in strategic thinking and devising strong propositions and fully integrated 360 degree creative responses that work across multiple touch points – TV, print, digital and experiential. Working to the Executive Creative Director, this role will continuously raise the creative bar and act as a guardian for BBC Worldwide Franchise Brands and sub brands across all consumer and business facing environments. This is a new role, therefore a really exciting one for someone to come in and make their own.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in creating Global campaigns within a Broadcasting or advertising environment. They will be obsessed with strong ideas and have a track record of working with planners and marketers to ensure that the briefs provide clear direction to the creative teams. They will excel in providing inspiration and motivation and have a variety of techniques and strategies to produce award winning creative responses and executions. They will lead from the front, demonstrating best practice in ideation, writing and creative delivery. They will be responsible for creating innovative and memorable experiences at key sales events, and have worked across experiential, with a track record in conceptual design and launching products in market.
The right person will be an effective leader with strong pitching credentials and track record of managing key stakeholders, capable of managing teams, clearly defining expectations with strong communication skills and in possession of robust interpersonal skills in order to foster lasting relationships both within the team and the wider BBCW community.
This is a hands-on role and the right person will enjoy writing and executing creative, as well as working with a team.
- Line management of the Creative team of integrated creatives. Providing leadership and inspiration this role will assemble teams and lead the creative process with exceptional results. They will also be responsible for mentoring staff across the department to elevate the creative output.
- Work with staff and freelancers to devise Global creative campaigns from creative response, scripting to creative execution, ensuring that the creative idea will work across a variety of media – on air, digital, print, experiential and trade. Responsible for identifying and hiring the best freelance talent in the industry.
- Work closely with the Design Director to ensure that all print collateral and event creative is best in class and the quality consistent across brochures, catalogues, online resources and event collateral.
- Develop creative briefs for ideation sessions, lead creative ideation and brainstorm sessions, develop and vet ideas.
- As a Brand Guardian, champion brand continuity across all lines of business, communicating brand attributes and creating and managing processes that ensure a strong brand identity across all content and communications.
- Responsibility for all filmed content including set visits, scripting, working with crews and facilities.
- Work closely with the Executive Creative Director, Design Director and EMEA Creative Director to ensure that a Global creative community is fostered and campaign production can be shared where appropriate. Ensure that ideas and best practice is shared within regional creative teams.
- Manage external creative agencies to ensure a successful delivery of any outsourced work, keeping all stakeholders informed and changes to brief communicated.
- Work closely with the marketing team for Franchise Brands, Doctor Who, Top Gear and Sherlock, understanding the business strategy and driving revenues through targeted consumer campaigns.
- Alongside the Executive Creative Director and Design Director, set the look and feel for the global brands at key events, seeking to find innovative ways of promoting the content and ensuring brand cohesion amongst all materials
- Work closely with the Director Account Director to manage the pipeline of Internal Communication Campaigns in accordance with the Service Level Agreements. Work closely with the internal managers to ensure robust creative responses and strategic, creative, targeted execution.
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate for this role will have significant experience of leading creative teams in development of Global Campaigns including TV, Digital, Press and PR, Print, Consumer Products, Experiential/Trade. You will have a demonstrable track record of solving complex brand challenges, a strong balance of traditional, innovative, experiential and social/digital experience and the ability to creatively problem solve. We’re also looking for someone who has significant experience in experiential: in devising strong brand presence at trade events including concepts, brand across merchandise, posters, banners, stands, walling, screening and AV material. You’ll need to be a captivating orator, with strong skills in influencing and creating a collaborative approach across all departments and teams. As well as oral communication skills, you’ll have substantial copywriting expertise including writing and managing copy for advertising materials, on air promos and campaigns.
Please note that you will be required to submit a case study along with your CV when applying for the role in order to be considered.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.