Creative Production Coordinator
BBC Worldwide’s portfolio of franchise and genre brands exist to extend the enjoyment of global audiences’ favourite programmes and includes the longest running sci-fi TV show in the world Doctor Who; the world-renowned entertainment format Dancing With The Stars which has over 50 international versions; the most successful motoring entertainment show in the world Top Gear, which has been sold to over 220 territories; and the leading factual umbrella brand BBC Earth, which amplifies landmark natural history titles such as Planet Earth II as well as overseeing live events, web activity and giant screen experiences associated with the brand.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Production Co-ordinator role sits in the Digital Platforms team, within Creative, and is part of the Brands division of BBC Worldwide. The Digital Production Co-ordinator is responsible for the scheduling, trafficking and delivery of BBC Worldwide pre-selection artwork to global digital platforms such as Netflix, Amazon and iTunes. This role is accountable for the artwork fulfilment of all digital deals within the business, overseeing the production of high-quality programme artwork and timely delivery, in order to facilitate and encourage streaming/downloading of BBCW programming on third party platforms around the globe.
- To produce, co-ordinate and deliver artwork for digital customers to support DTO (download to own) and VOD (video on demand) sales. Managing in a timely manner the delivery of assets both to regional marketeers and direct to customers, ensuring they are serviced with the required contractual materials for programme promotion.
- To manage the time of a pre-existing team of designers and artworkers in order to fulfil all digital artwork requests to schedule.
- To manage the overall digital artwork schedule, client database and contact information continuously updating and capturing new information, deliverables, timelines and other necessary information.
- To provide excellent customer service to customers, productions and internal teams to keep track of deadlines, TX dates and any scheduling issues.
- To source artwork, photography, title treatments and DVD artwork in order to fulfil against artwork requests and to keep the libraries well archived of all created artwork.
- To ensure photography is cleared for intended use, guided by BBCW photography unit as to rights of use.
- To work closely with the Marketing and Global Brand teams ensuring timely approvals of artwork where necessary.
- To ensure brand guardianship on all artwork produced, being sure to maintain a good knowledge of up-to-date guidelines and to protect the brand in all instances.
- To archive artwork/ upload final artwork to BBCW’s internal GLAM system for access by the wider business.
- To maintain a good network of contacts with other social and digital execs around BBCW in order to share plans, ideas and case studies.
Scope and Impact
This role will work closely with the Production Manager, but will be required to make independent decisions with regard to servicing customer deals in a busy environment. Strong relationships will need to be formed with the rest of the creative team, local regional and global marketers and key digital and sales contacts within the business as well as the customer contacts we service. Good working relationships will be needed in order to negotiate better lead times and to ensure all correct information is gathered ahead of completing any work.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
This role will have daily contact with the Creative, Sales and Marketing teams, staying across all digital deals coming through the pipeline and on top of all marketing assets required to service deals, making day to day decisions about priorities to service. It will be responsible for constant liaison with customers for these assets, keeping across workflow, identifying and providing solutions to issues. The role will also cover bringing assets into the building as you chase program logos, key art and photography from internal and external teams globally.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in producing great creative for digital marketing campaigns for a global audience.
- Experience of working with creative teams.
- Excellent organisational skills; able to prioritise a large workload according to ever changing business needs. The ability to remain calm under pressure is essential, often working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working B2B or B2C with strong branded properties.
- Demonstrable customer management experience; able to communicate effectively at all levels and deliver solutions quickly.
- Excellent project management, administrative and IT skills.
- Candidate must be organised, flexible and have the ability to work across times zones, and prioritise marketing requirements from a variety of sources and identify early on potential conflicts.
- Good knowledge of VOD and DTO customers and a desire to keep track of the latest trends with online streaming.
- Microsoft Office experience essential; knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign desirable and good layout and art-working skills desirable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.