Creative team (Writers) - BBC Creative
BBC Creative is looking for a talented mid-weight Creative team to join their writing team, working on conceptual campaigns for a wide variety of high priority BBC products and services.
We are looking for talents with significant idea generation/conceptual thinking across a range of brands, with excellent presentation skills to be able to influence senior stakeholders. If you have outstanding copywriting and art direction skills, with the ability to create multi-media campaigns for all platforms, we would love to hear from you.
These two roles will be within our Writing team, reporting directly to one of our Creative Directors.
Although this role is advertised as a Creative team, we will also consider applications as a single creative!
Please note that a significant body of work will need to be submitted for review by a Creative Director.
Follow us to learn more about BBC Creative's work:
- Create and oversee complex, innovative and effective promotional campaigns
- Come up with and present a number of ideas/concepts for any project
- Work to formal/informal creative briefs, and ensure material is highly targeted and meets agreed objectives
- Ensure that all creative work, across different platforms, is aligned with the BBC’s strategic vision; and to find innovative ways of driving forward that vision
- Manage large-scale promotional projects, across all media and for all platforms - commissioning and briefing staff/contributors as appropriate
- Write effective copy, for any media/platform (and direct voice-over artists/presenters)
- Work within the budget issued, including resource management and the contracting of resource personnel
- Liaise with content producers about their programmes, and develop strong working relationships with internal / external stakeholders including talent and their agents
- Work closely with craft teams, briefing them effectively to produce the required material
Are you the right candidate?
- You have Creative experience in Broadcast Promotions or Advertising
- You can demonstrate practical production experience
- You have well-developed digital skills
- You’re someone with excellent creative skills, including idea generation, conceptual thinking and copywriting
- Creating multi-media campaigns for all platforms is something you excel at
- You have a good knowledge of the production process and are prepared to take on elements of it yourself where applicable
- You have good interpersonal skills, are sensitive and persuasive in dealing with others
- You can exercise sound judgement
- Communication is one of your greatest skills!
- Finally, you’ll have amazing planning and organisational skills
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Contract type: 2 x Permanent full time
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here