We want conceptual thinkers who are excited about creating multi-platform advertising campaigns for major BBC brands; you will have the opportunity to write, produce, edit and/or direct compelling creative content inspired by the BBCs marketing strategy.
A Creative may work on a broad range of material, from 30 trailers to short-form digital and social content, and from simple audience communication to hi-end campaigns. The role of the Creative may vary depending on the work-area allocated and the craft specialism; the weighting of the principle accountabilities changing accordingly.
This successful candidate will work across the international and UK news portfolio, and requires knowledge and experience of news and current affairs promotional marketing.
The position is within a busy creative team working on news promotions for predominantly international campaigns. So cultural awareness and international knowledge are key.
- Create and oversee complex, innovative and effective promotional campaigns, based on lateral concepts where appropriate.
- Come up with and present a number of ideas/concepts for any project.
- Manage large-scale promotional projects, across all media and for all platforms - commissioning and briefing staff/contributors as appropriate.
- Originate promotional material by directing and/or producing studio or location recordings (either video, audio or still photography).
- Work within the budget issued, including resource management and the contracting of resource personnel - working closely with the team Production Manager / Coordinator.
- Obtain by negotiation the best possible value for money for the BBC.
- Liaise with content producers about their programmes, and develop strong working relationships with internal / external stakeholders including talent and their agents. Work closely with craft personnel, briefing them effectively to produce the required material.
Please see the attached job description for a further information
Are you the right candidate?
Must have Creative experience in Broadcast Promotions or Advertising, ideally with experience of producing promotions for a news or current affairs brand.
An awareness of international markets and interest in global events would be beneficial
Fluency in English essential. Arabic language knowledge beneficial.
- Practical production experience
- Well-developed knowledge of digital and social advertising trends
- Excellent creative skills, with a proven track-record of devising original cross-media promotional campaigns:
- Idea generation / conceptual thinking
- Developing creative treatments
- Copy writing and/or art direction
- Ability to create multi-media campaigns for all platforms
Please see the attached job description for further information.
Salary: Within Grade
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.