BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
The Customer Insights Executive is an exciting career-building position that sits with our Global Research & Insight team. Our Global Research & Insight team plays an essential role in driving the success of the BBC Studios vision, purpose and ambition. The purpose of the commercial insights team is to support the Commercial Distribution arm of BBC Studios with a focus on enabling the Customer Global Account Managers to be informed to optimise relationships with a portfolio of BBC Studios’ top global customers.
You will provide a vital role in unearthing insight from audience and customer behaviours across all touchpoints of BBC Studios content including the analytics of TV, digital and social data. This will include collaborating with all areas of insight and liaising with external partners to articulate the full 360-degree view of the market, customer landscape, content and the audience. The role will be primarily focused on BBC Studios Global accounts and will also deliver actionable insights for the wider BBC Studios business.
You will be responsible for utilising various social, digital, and TV data sources to demonstrate proficiency in exporting, organising, interpreting, and presenting data to provide actionable insights.
- Collaborate with account leads, global sales and external agencies to develop actionable recommendations, deliver customer-focused reporting and play a key role in the execution of value-added insights activities for BBC Studios’ global customers.
- Collaborate with all areas of insight, i.e. digital analysts and genre specialists to develop actionable recommendations against key briefs which will inform content distribution and strategy.
- Consider global and local in all activities.
- Create and nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business from all divisions, under the mentoring and coaching of the Insights Manager for Customer Insights.
- Keeps track of wider industry trends and emerging competitors articulate how and why these might affect BBC Studios business.
- Act as an advocate and destination of knowledge for all insight work.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience in providing actionable insight.
- You can take all walks of research beyond data to insights and action using multiple datasets in one narrative.
- Uses Insight network to help build and maintains relationships with internal partners and wider teams.
- Proactively manages up, seeks out constructive feedback of self, team and projects.
- Effectively shares knowledge, ideas and skills across the organisation.
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Familiarity with appropriate applications, some experience using TechEdge (or other global TV ratings software) beneficial.
- Aptitude for employing social listening tools to analyse audience generated content, identifying themes and trends using more qualitative approaches.
- Aptitude for other performance measurement tools.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do
We’re searching for an excellent communicator, both written and verbal – you can write concise, thoughtful summaries on short timelines for all audiences.
You’ll need to be proactive – a confident self-starter aligned to business priorities, knowing when and how to seek guidance.
As a creative person, you’ll be able to develop new and interesting ways of doing things and hold equal measures of passion for the team, content, consumers and data.
We need someone who can tell compelling stories using insights - connecting dots and surfacing learnings from past research to apply today; looks for themes and big ideas across work, and automatically shares them. Some experience of Research and/or insights is therefore essential for this role.
Our ideal candidate will have experience socialising research findings across the business and can pivot to the needs of each.
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Hybrid working. (Home based plus office based 2-3 days per week.)
Interviews: to be held on Friday 17th December
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.