BBC Sounds is a new product from the BBC that brings together our live and on demand radio, music and podcasts in a personalised app and website. It is a crucial part of our aim to reinvent the BBC for a new generation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly driven Data Analyst to join our team contribute to the measurement and insights of our users’ listening behaviour, leading to improvements to the product.
- Supporting the BBC Sounds product teams within the design and engineering department here at the BBC. Working across mobile, and web.
- Working closely with product managers, business analysts and and software engineers.
- Support analytics colleagues in managing projects and fielding queries.
- Developing and maintaining documentation & knowledge hub.
- Developing own skills in analytics-related areas keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field
- Helping non-data oriented colleagues understand where analysis can help them with their day to day roles
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven industry experience in a Data Analyst role, preferably in Digital Marketing Industry
- Experience of using tools such as ComScore, Optimizely, Tableau, Adobe Analytics or similar
- Well versed in analysing core data and building interactive visualisations
- Comfortable working alongside cross-functional teams interacting with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Strong Excel, SQL skills for manipulating and Segmenting data
- A good understanding of linear and on-demand television services, news media, online publishing, with a knowledge of key competitors.
- Interest, knowledge, and experience in marketing and Data Science
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Salford, Media City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here