Data Analyst - Digital Analytics
This is a rare opportunity to work as a Data Analyst for one of the UK’s most iconic brands, BBC iPlayer. This dynamic team’s mission is to be the future of BBC television, setting ambitious goals over the next few years to double reach and quadruple viewing.
You will you be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow. You'll deliver in-depth data analysis and actionable insights across all platforms to support product development
- Supporting the iPlayer product teams within the design and engineering department here at the BBC. Working across mobile, web and television platforms supporting product managers, business analysts and working closely with software engineers.
- Providing insight into how the viewers interact with the products, who they are and how we can make their experience more enjoyable and ensure they return. We work alongside Data Science and testing analysts to allow greater depth of projects.
- Be responsible for supporting the analytics strategy and measurement for specific teams across the business
- Involved in planning the data the BBC collects both online and form offline or non-BBC sources. You will help to develop the BBC’s data collection framework and strategy as well as work with Product and other stakeholders to help resolve any data quality issues
- Helping non-data oriented colleagues understand where analysis can help them with their day to day roles
- Researching modern approaches to Data Analysis and making recommendations
- Support analytics colleagues in managing projects and fielding queries
Are you the right candidate?
- Proven industry experience in a Data Analyst role, preferably in Digital Marketing Industry
- Experience of using tools such as ComScore, Optimizely, Tableau, Adobe Analytics or similar
- Well versed in analysing core data and building interactive visualisations
- Comfortable working alongside cross-functional teams interacting with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Strong Excel, SQL skills for manipulating and Segmenting data
- A good understanding of linear and on-demand television services, news media, online publishing, with a knowledge of key competitors.
- Interest, knowledge, and experience in marketing and Data Science
Contract type: Full Time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here