We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Digital Analytics team. As well as working closely with Data Insights, you will regularly partner with the Nations & Regions Audience Research teams.
This is a permanent role based in Salford.
- Delivering analysis and insight on the consumption of Nations & Regions content and consumption of BBC content by each Nation
- Building regular reports and developing self-serve data tools for stakeholders
- Assisting with the implementation of tracking, working with the Product Teams to ensure Nations & Regions content and behaviour is accurately captured
- Acting as a first point of contact for analytics queries from Nations & Regions stakeholders. Spreading best practice and providing training Nations & Regions researchers and content producers
- The successful candidate will be comfortable with using Python (or R) and SQL to update and create database tables automatically
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of using digital analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, AT Internet)
- Knowledge and experience of digital media
- Understanding of media analytics, data, measurement, methodologies and industry standards including online and offline channels
- Experience creating automated dashboards with Python/R, SQL and Tableau
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about Data, we would love to hear from you!
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Salford - MediaCity
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here