Data Analytics Manager
As a Data and Analytics Manager, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the BBC’s data management, analytics and marketing effectiveness services are implemented and deliver value to transform business capabilities and enable the next generation of Broadcast and Digital services.
You will be able to work autonomously and “own” an area or division including the stakeholder relationships. Where appropriate you will mentor more junior staff within your team on projects they are delivering. You will be seen as a specialist by other departments of the BBC and someone who can be contacted for help and advice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our wider Data Analysis and Insight Team, which is growing and currently consists of about 40 people split into five pillars: Marketing Science, Digital Analysis, Data Science, Social Analysis, and Data Products.
- Lead marketing effectiveness projects for the BBC, with a focus on Marketing Mix Modelling
- Ensure that data, measurements, metrics and analysis are robust and in line with business requirements
- Collaborate with analysts and various teams across the BBC in and outside Data and Analytics to ensure we have the correct and complete picture and the correct and complete data for our analysis
- An expert in analytics tools, with a focus in marketing effectiveness, leveraging the full breadth of functionality to deliver maximum value to the business
- Lead and deliver analytics and measurement projects across a range of BBC divisions. Focus on clear and actionable insights, rooted in robust data and analysis.
- Ensure the BBC has leading-edge analytics tools, measurement, metrics and skills; and employ those to help the business achieve its aims
- Treat customer data with the utmost care and respect
- Maintain high standards of presentation, including the development of new or imaginative ways of using or communicating data and insights
- Where appropriate, represent the BBC at industry and internal forums or committees
- Where appropriate, manage suppliers and partners
Are you the right candidate?
- Ideally educated to degree level or above in a STEM subject or Economics
- Experience in Marketing Mix Modelling, preferably has worked on brands with a high level of spend and a complex media/marketing plan
- Proficient in R and has used the package for econometrics modelling in previous roles
- Strong knowledge of media, data, measurement methodologies and industry standards including online and offline channels
- Ability to present complex results in a simple and comprehensive way that stakeholders with a non numerical background will immediately understand
- Ability to think about issues and business questions with a creative approach, being able to come up with robust solutions, even when the data available is thin
- Ability to link different data sources and come up with an overall/overarching story
- Able to simplify complex problems into component parts and deal with them systematically
- Able to devise and develop ideas and stimulate creativity in others
- Able to delegate and manage responsibility
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on importance/urgency
Character and Experience
- Demonstrates passion for BBC content and data-driven decision making
- Experience in developing relationships and presenting results to senior stakeholders
- Strong understanding of how the digital and media landscape is evolving and the implications for all parts of the BBC
- Pro-active attitude who also works well in a complex matrix organisation
- Able to collaborate by building relationships and sharing resources, while challenging systems and people that block collaboration
- Can easily identify what will most benefit the business, and plan and prioritise accordingly
- Can manage and adapt to challenging situations with sensitivity
- A good understanding of linear and on demand television services, news media, online publishing, with a knowledge of key competitors.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, e.g. Tableau
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London - Broadcast Centre (W12)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here