Deal Management Assistant
The primary focus of this role is to process confirmed sales from contracts or deal memos into a variety of systems to trigger downstream events and activities.
Working closely with the Sales and Legal teams, the Deal Management team are responsible for the accurate management and processing of sales into our system set; ensuring all deal data is accurately translated into the various systems including rights and terms granted, content and financials. The team will be aware of the sales pipe line, ensure contracts are understood and accurately keyed into appropriate systems to enable invoicing, contributor and 3rd party payaways, reporting and to ensure the Media Maestro Availability tool remains accurate.
- Review and interpret legal sales contracts or deal memos to understand deal terms
- Process deal terms into appropriate system set including SPS / SAP SD / Media Maestro, and dealing with any actions that impact the ability to process
- Perform collision tests on deals prior to confirmation to validate availability of rights
- During the transition phase some Sales teams will keep SPS sales order processing activities; therefore there is a need to perform deal governance to ensure correct use of customer, rights, terms and approvals received before re-keying into Media Maestro
- Process deal cancellations and deal amendments which require re-raising
- Monitor Digital Deals terms to ensure rights remain available, raising extension actions if required by Sales
- Provide MRW / iNFOcentre reporting as required
- Customer rights management including supporting rights aspects of on-boarding
- Support the Deal Management Executive in validating procedures and processes
- Build a strong working knowledge of the end to end sales process and data flow
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work to deadlines and daily targets, sometimes under pressure
- Desirable to have previous experience in a media and/or rights environment
- The ability to manage large quantities of data, paying particular attention to detail
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of BBC Worldwide Sales systems such as ORAC TV, SPS, SAP SD, and Media Maestro systems. However training will be provided
- Experience in assessing, understanding and interpreting media contracts would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate with, negotiate and influence across and at all levels of an organisation
- Be proactive. Stay one step ahead, take initiative, anticipate and avoid problems before they arise
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Work as part of a physical team and be part of a wider virtual team
- No specific educational qualifications are required for this role. Education to A-level or equivalent is desirable; GCSE level is essential
- An understanding of the television media industry including digital media distribution and platforms would be an advantage
- Administrative and data management experience, preferably within a media, rights or sales environment
- Proven customer service experience and ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Data governance
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.