Design Producer, Digital & Marketing
Home to some of Wales’ brightest and boldest talent across a range of disciplines, BBC Wales’ Digital and Marketing department is playing a leading role in reinventing BBC Wales for a new generation. Working with some of the biggest brands in Wales and beyond, the department champions the needs of the audience, looks for opportunities to innovate, delivers outstanding creative content and makes sure people know how and where to find it.
Working with colleagues across the Digital and Marketing department, our Creative Production team shines a light on BBC Wales brands, programmes and services, enthusing audiences in Wales about the breadth of content that is available to them. We blend content production, design, innovation and marketing to support an exciting slate of locally commissioned projects. We are looking for a design producer to work on brand and public engagement projects.
- To produce distinctive projects for a variety of platforms including TV, Digital, Print and Large Video Spaces.
- To work effectively with other departments, suppliers & partners (internal & external) ensuring the BBC maintains excellent relationships throughout.
- Responsibility for project management appropriate to the given discipline, such as the construction of a full production schedule and budget.
- To keep up to date with emerging industry trends.
- Where relevant, liaise with Rights teams and contract negotiators and ensure copyright and contracts adhere to BBC regulations.
- Accountable for the compliance and delivery of content, acting within BBC Editorial, Legal and Health & Safety guidelines.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working on large rebrand projects, a design specialist
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies / partners
- Experience of tendering and procurement processes
- Experience of delivering broadcast, print and digital graphic solutions
- Have an interest and an awareness of the latest design techniques and Design studios
- Project management experience with best in class processes, budget management, workload management and quality control. Ability to create detailed cost estimates, timing plans, specification documents and communicating these to colleagues.
Digital and Marketing, BBC Wales
Contract: 6 month FTC / Attachment full time
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
(d) Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
The BBC recognises that flexible working can benefit both the employee and the BBC as it can create a range of employment opportunities to suit both changing operational needs and the needs of individuals. We will, therefore, consider flexible working requests for this vacancy. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs. At the BBC we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK.