The Designer will develop and deliver content, ensuring that it achieves the highest creative and editorial standards with adherence to BBC guidelines.
Working in collaboration with marketing or editorial colleagues across platforms and languages.
- To produce distinctive content on a variety of platforms.
- To work effectively with other departments ensuring you maintain excellent relationships throughout.
- To ensure content reflects our diverse audiences.
- To keep up to date with emerging industry trends
- To have an understanding of BBC branding and implementation.
- Share design expertise and creative solutions for the benefit of the audience.
- Be accountable for the quality of your work and ensure it meets intended purposes.
- Be accountable for the usability and accessibility of design deliveries for the broadest possible cross-section of users.
- Support with digital design solutions to support the BBC StoryWorks and wider sales efforts - most frequently creative advertising and content-led marketing assets for BBC.com or clients, primarily in the APAC region, while also feeding in to global team efforts.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of the importance of the BBC's values in accuracy and impartiality.
- Able to show a portfolio of strong graphic design work with digital as a key component.
- Show passion and consideration for fundamental design principles and the wider creative environment, enjoy solving UX problems as well as creating pixel-perfect designs.
- Actively immersed in the digital landscape and abreast with digital developments, best practices and trends.
- Able to talk through your design decisions with a diverse audience from people across the business to varied client base.
- A keen understanding of digital content led solutions within an editorial and commercial environment.
Contract type: Permanent
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here