The Digital Originals team create innovative youth-skewing content for diverse global audiences. We want to inspire, connect and entertain the digital generation with attention grabbing shows for broadcasters, brands and platforms.
We are looking for a Development AP for a 6-month contract to work in our dev team. This is a cross-genre development role - you should feel as comfortable developing up a reality show, as you would a hard-hitting doc, or short-form digital series.
- Generate and develop original ideas across different genres for broadcasters, brands and digital platforms.
- Write and create treatments and pitch decks to a high standard.
- Keep up to date with the latest content trends on social media, branded content and TV.
- Discover new onscreen talent and support their development within BBC Studios.
- Ensure our content reflects a young and diverse audience.
- Communicate effectively with contributors / external partners.
- Work collaboratively, leading brainstorms where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate would be a content obsessed creative, always looking out for the latest viral videos, exciting new social stars, or innovative online formats. TV development experience is essential, you’ll have amazing writing skills and the ability to create eye-catching pitch materials.
Previous experience working in unscripted TV development teams is essential, with demonstrable contribution to commissioned or piloted shows.
- Confident self-starter bursting with ideas – just as home brainstorming with a team, as you are generating ideas on your own.
- Experience writing clear, concise and compelling material for treatments and decks.
- Excellent communications skills – whether it’s gaining access to institutions, casting contributors, pitching ideas, or working with talent.
- Experience creating pitch decks and sizzles with Photoshop, Premiere and Keynote.
- Huge interest and appetite for the latest trends across social, music, digital and branded.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills – the ability to work across several projects at the same time, whilst always delivering to deadlines.
Contract type: 6-month FTC / Attachment
Location: London or Birmingham (currently home-based working)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/1206242/54974 in the subject.
• Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
• Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
• Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
• Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here