Development Co-ordinator Drama Series and Serials
The Development Co-ordinator provides comprehensive PA and admin support to Hilary Salmon's Drama Series and Serials Development hub team ( Hub Head, Head of Development, Executive Producers & Development Executives) as well as researching, collating and compiling and organizing Award submissions, updating the development slate, and programme pages, and monitoring and tracking development projects and development spend for the hub, and processing payments using SAP
- Working with the Head of Drama and development team to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the Hub, assessing priorities and taking appropriate action
- To maintain and develop efficient office and administration systems as appropriate so that information can easily be assessed
- To ensure the smooth running of the busy office at all times
- To manage and co-ordinate diaries, where possible dealing with contacts and answering queries without reference
- Responsible for preparing agendas and taking minutes at appropriate meetings
- To monitor, prepare and submit expenses
- To help organise and administrate events, such as screenings, read-throughs, castings and production meetings
- Act as focal point for internal and external queries and correspondence and to take necessary action as appropriate.
- To be an effective ‘point person’ between the Hub and productions
- To raise different types of requisitions and purchase orders for the Hub
- Responsible for the generation, creation and amendment of SAP purchase orders
- To act as liaison point for Co-ordinators and Post Production Supervisors when liaising with Hub Head or Development Executive.
Are you the right candidate?
- You must have a strong appreciation and understanding of television drama production and a demonstrable interest in television drama across the industry
- You will have substantial experience as a PA supporting multiple senior execs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- You will have a track record of providing a high level of support within a fast-paced working environment
- You will need to have experience of managing correspondence at a senior level & be able to prioritise information for your managers to review
- You will have outstanding organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and allocate a heavy workload and respond flexibly to rapidly changing and conflicting priorities
- You will need to have advanced IT skills & exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to articulate effectively
- Good numerical skills and experience of the compilation of statistical and other management information.
- Knowledge of BBC business, financial and admin policies and procedures, including SAP
With over 350 hours of in-house output a year, BBC Drama Production makes some of the most original, diverse and highly acclaimed television. These include Silent Witness, Luther, Our Girl and the recent award winning and provocative drama ‘Three Girls’.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC