BBC.com has an opening for a Digital Sales Account Executive in our Chicago office. The Digital Account Executive will be responsible for the Midwest territory (including Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Kansas City, and Texas) and will report to the Director of Advertising Sales in Chicago.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing revenue for the BBC across our suite of digital properties (including BBC.com, BBC World Service Language Sites, TopGear.com, and BBC Podcasts), both directly and programmatically.
- Utilize established agency and client relationships to hit the ground running from day one.
- Leverage BBC’s brand position to create compelling sales solutions for clients and ad agencies.
- Drive creativity and ideas that differentiate BBC in the competitive News & Information marketplace.
- Maintain deep industry sector knowledge keeping abreast of industry trends and evangelize the value of BBC products and solutions, proactively keeping clients informed about new product offerings and product updates.
- Ensure optimal market coverage (travel required) and regular professional client engagements.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience
- Track record of strong revenue growth for existing and new business, relationship building and customer satisfaction
- Deep understanding of the digital marketplace (including custom content and programmatic), trends, and Agency/Client structure
- Proactive and consultative in sales approach to anticipate changing market needs
- Must be outgoing, organized, solutions-oriented, a team player, a self-starter, and a strategic thinker
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong one-on-one and group presentations skills
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships with clients and agencies
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google productivity applications and Salesforce.com
- Understanding of News / publisher ecosystem a plus
- Ability to identify & develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects
- Ability to retain and manage a strong pipeline
- Ability to communicate client feedback and marketplace conditions to sales management to help inform product and sales strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here