We’re a powerhouse of bold, British creativity, building the BBC’s brands, audiences, and reputation across the world. We’re passionate about content. We invest in it and we create it. This means we each get to play our part in making history. The way we consume content is ever changing. As Digital Commercial Executive, you will help to drive revenue growth from user uploaded content on social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and equivalent platforms. You will balance this alongside the need to protect BBC Studios’ content from unauthorised use, to protect BBC Studios’ content sales and the BBC brand.
The Digital Content Protection Advisor sits within the Content & Brand Protection team, part of the Business & Legal Affairs division at BBC Studios, reporting to the Senior Digital Content Protection Manager. With a dotted line into the Digital Commercial team, you'll manage BBC Studios’ commercial relationships with social media platforms and will support them by using the data from your work to help identify opportunities for growing content pipelines on social media platforms.
Working closely with the Senior Digital Content Protection Manager, developing strategies for revenue generation using Content ID and other rights management tools.
Applying and maintaining automated policies for the monetisation of short form content, and developing strategies for manual claiming at scale through Content ID.
Liaising with BBC Studios’ departments, subsidiary companies, partners, distributors and licensees to select and obtain content and assets for uploading.
Utilising YouTube’s Content ID fingerprinting tool, and equivalent tools on other social platforms, to upload new reference files to identify user uploaded digital copies of BBC Studios’ invested company content on such platforms.
Researching and resolving rights-related issues, conflicts and 3rd party claims.
Implementing monetisation policies or removal procedures as appropriate.
Exercising sound judgment in determining which content to block, monetise or take down, balancing in particular fan or political sensitivities against commercial damage and damage to the BBC brands. Balancing revenue generation against contractual obligations to partners and licensees and protecting BBC Studios’ reputation and its content against misuse.
Data wrangling – you are comfortable dealing with a large amount of data and working with others to assess results and key learnings. You are keen to explore how the data you work with demonstrates consumer demand to inform our content licensing opportunities.
Maintaining strong platform knowledge through training (e.g. YouTube Certified programme). Keeping abreast of latest platforms’ feature developments.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
You’re accurate and detail-oriented while able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise appropriately. You’re a problem-solver who proactively pinpoints issues that arise, escalates them as necessary, and finds solutions swiftly. You have a keen eye for detail, know your way around Excel, and you’re a good communicator who provides a high level of service both internally and externally. You’re passionate about digital video and excited to help us grow the BBC’s efforts in the space across global brands like Doctor Who, Top Gear, and Blue Planet II.
- Experienced working in a commercial environment. You are familiar with the BBC’s content and key brands.
- Knowledgeable of copyright law, in particular fair dealing / fair use and its relevance to social media platforms.
- Operational experience working with online video and social media platforms
- You are well organised and autonomous, able to prioritise a busy workload and focus on key activities to drive the most impact.
- Detail oriented, maintaining and optimising existing and new processes, keeping up-to-date records.
- You work collaboratively, comfortable managing stakeholders, and look forward to playing an active role in the wider digital community at BBC Studios.
- Passionate about digital video and have a keen interest in the current global digital landscape, including popular video sharing sites and social networks.
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: [BBC/TP/839455/53974] in the subject.
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.