Digital Marketing Executive (Social Media Executive), BBC London Orchestras and Choirs
The BBC London Orchestras and Choirs are the BBC Symphony Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, BBC Singers and BBC Symphony Chorus. Between them, they provide a diverse range of music at the highest standard in live concerts and broadcasts, serving a wide range of audiences. The BBC Symphony Orchestra provides the backbone of the BBC Proms, as well as giving a high profile series of concerts at the Barbican each year, where it is Associate Orchestra. The BBC Concert Orchestra provides a diverse range of music with everything from its regular appearances on Radio 2s Friday Night is Music Night to performances at Londons Southbank Centre. The BBC Singers is one of the UKs finest choirs, performing everything from Renaissance masterpieces to the very best of new music by the finest of todays choral composers in venues around London and farther afield.
This post is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building the brands of the BBC’s London Orchestras and Choirs (BBC Concert Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra, BBC Singers and BBC Symphony Chorus) by raising their digital profile. You will work as part of a team covering Marketing, Learning, Audience Development and Publications. You will be managed by the Marketing Manager, BBC London Orchestras and Choirs. You will be required to create digital content and devise a social media strategy for each group to inform campaign-based and day-to-day activity in order to raise their profiles, build audiences and sell tickets to events. You will also monitor the performance of the social media channels on a day to day basis and provide reports as required.
Are you the right candidate?
You will need to have:
- Evidence of having run social media accounts and digital campaigns on a day-to-day basis
- Strong web and computer literacy. Experience of creating shareable visual content for social media channels using new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent video/image creation and editing skills; attention to detail with good editorial judgment, accuracy and sensitivity
- A strong sense of editorial judgment, tone of voice, content creation
- An interest in a broad range of music and enthusiasm for live events
In addition to the above, you will also have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be self-motivated, confident and well-organised and be able to cope under pressure and be happy to work on a wide variety of tasks within deadlines.
Please note that on the application form, we will be asking you to provide links of up to 3 examples of digital online content you have made. This is a key part of the role so it would be useful to see some examples of your work as part of your application.
Contract type: 12 month attachment/fixed term contract
Location: Maida Vale (main) and Wogan House, London
Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please clickhere