Digital Content Strategist - Factual Brands
BBC Worldwide is looking for a Digital Content Strategist/Digital Planner to work within the Digital Marketing team to devise and implement the digital strategy for key global Franchise brands which will include Top Gear and BBC Earth. A sharp creative and strategic thinker with proven experience on digital brand development, who can challenge assumptions, inspire creatives and help us to put audiences at the heart of everything we do. The role will collaborate closely with cross functional teams – including brand marketing teams, creative services, communications, partnerships, BBC Studios and BBC Public Service.
In this role, you'll be involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects, including but not limited to the below examples:
- Work with brand / marketing teams to understand series and franchise objectives, translating these into creative briefs for Production & Publishing teams within Digital Marketing
- Ensure creative solutions are aligned to strategy & brief - clearly outlining objectives to be met, target audience segments and approach to measurement and KPI setting.
- Clear and compelling presentation of strategies and ideas to senior stakeholders grounded in data.
- Architecting the birds-eye campaign view (and granular publishing plan) for key digital campaigns to support linear TV broadcasts in multiple markets for BBC Earth titles (e.g. Blue Planet II) and Top Gear.
- Run digital creative diagnostic reviews for digital content & campaigns produced by our in-hose BBCW Digital Studios team, to help develop actionable insights for future content creation.
- Take the lead on social influencer campaigns for BBC Earth and Top Gear – devise influencer campaigns to reach new audiences and support brand franchise goals.
- Work closely with TV production teams (Blue Planet II, Top Gear etc) to develop a range of digital-first content ideas to support series marketing, and help them to deliver through creative and strategic guidance
- Foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders within BBC Worldwide and across the wider BBC group (e.g. BBC America, WW Regional Marketing Teams, BBC Public Service, BBC Studios, BBC Global News)
- Understand the digital landscape, particularly established and emerging social platforms. Be adept at digesting research and monitoring trends.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- A proven track record as a brand planner or strategist at a creative agency, broadcaster, publisher, research company or releavant brand team with experience delivering digital strategy
- Strong creative skills and judgement with a super keen interest in digital platforms and audience development
- Experience authoring sharply focused creative briefs and delivering inspiring creative briefings, which lead creative teams to impactful and effective ideas and work
- Experience in communicating strategy, both verbally and in written/presented form, is a must. Ability to see the bigger picture and bring others along on the journey is a key skill.
- Self-starter & team player – comfortable working autonomously, but thrives in collaborative teams.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.