NHU Digital and Ocean are looking for a digital producer, with a demonstrable passion for the oceans, to lead an innovative new digital production.
OCEAN is a new and ambitious landmark series for BBC1 in 2017 and the next iteration of the ‘Planet’ brand, following on from ‘Planet Earth 2’ in 2016 and building on series like Frozen Planet and Planet Earth. Just as Blue Planet did, OCEAN will give a generation a chance to take a global view of our seas, but this time in a current, immersive and interactive way.
• You will lead an ambitious, world-class team of creative and practical people both in the office and on location
• You will need to manage a number of key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring their targets are met and concerns addressed.
• You will need to shoot, edit, write & picture edit a range of digital content, that reaches millions.
• You will be responsible for the set-up, planning and execution of the ocean digital campaign across a range of BBC and 3rd party platforms
• You will work with the team to ensure Ocean is consistently innovative around social media whilst also striving to find new creative ways of story-telling, using the latest technology to deliver inventive and exciting content
The Ideal Candidate
First and foremost, you’ll need to live & breathe digital content. You’ll lead a mission to bring the new stories & science of our oceans to new, mass audiences across digital platforms. You’ll need to have bags of ideas about how to exploit existing opportunities and seek out new ones, both on our own platforms and with new partners.
6 month FTC starting September 2016
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.