BBC.com has an opening for a Digital Sales Account Executive in our New York office. The Digital Account Executive will be responsible for the New York territory and will report to the Director of Advertising Sales in New York.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing revenue for the BBC across our suite of web and mobile properties, both directly and programmatically.
- Digital properties include: BBC.com, BBC World Service Language Sites and TopGear.com.
- Utilize established agency and client relationships to hit the ground running from day one.
- Must leverage BBC’s brand position to create compelling sales solutions for clients and ad agencies.
- Drive creativity and ideas that differentiate BBC in the competitive News & Information marketplace.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 years of direct sales or relevant digital sales experience in the New York market. Knowledge of the Detroit market a plus but not essential
- Track record of strong revenue growth for existing and new business, relationship building and customer satisfaction
- Track record of selling Programmatic Private Marketplace deals
- Strong client and agency relationship skills in order to develop key sales strategies and solutions
- Ability to communicate client feedback and marketplace conditions to sales management to help inform product and sales strategy
- Deep understanding of digital marketplace, trends and Agency/Client structure
- Understanding of the programmatic advertising space a plus
- Ability to identify & develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects
- Ability to retain and manage a strong pipeline
- Proactive in sales approach to anticipate changing market needs
- Must be outgoing, organized, solution-oriented, a team player and a strategic thinker
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here