The Director, Retail Development, Americas will be responsible to build strategic relationships with all key retail accounts at both buyer and marketing levels. This individual will partner with licensee’s sales teams to pre-sell BBCS franchises and meet the needs of key buyers across retail. This person will ensure s/he/they are building retail strategies that drive the uber brand strategies set forth by the franchise and licensing teams. S/he/they will act as the in-house expert on all things retail in this ever-changing landscape.
• Build and maintain relationships with key retail partners in a unique and fast-paced environment.
• Act as the brand champion at key retail accounts. Build brand awareness and secure both in-aisle and promotional real estate for BBCS brands.
• Meet revenue goals by securing, developing and implementing retail programs designed to drive revenue across key licensed product categories.
• Build, request/acquire and manage a retail development budgets.
• Ideate, develop and pitch retail marketing & promotional programs, category exclusives, and digital marketing partnerships.
• Create retail specific pitch materials derived from sales collateral developed from the global brands team.
• Pitch retailers to influence sell-in while leveraging marketing and promotional partnership opportunities
• Manage complex, cross-category retail programs with multiple marketing activations.
• Support licensing team to vet vendors and rank best-in-class partners as an ongoing evaluation of the manufacturing base at retail.
• In collaboration with the broader licensing team, craft retail strategies that outline revenue projections and long-range growth plans.
• Identify white space and collaborate with licensing team and licensees to fill voids and optimize revenue.
• Travel when appropriate and necessary pending industry-wide travel standards
The Ideal Candidate
• 10 years of experience in licensing or entertainment industry focusing on retail development.
• Experienced sales executive with a deep understanding of retail buying for both brick & mortar as well as e-commerce.
• Proven success in ideating, developing and executing retail promotions and marketing programs.
• Experience in website merchandising, search engine optimization, SEM, email marketing campaigns, customer acquisition and retention.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong relationship builder who facilitates a positive culture both internally and with external partners.
• Entrepreneurial and a motivated self-starter. Always innovating and continuously looking for new approaches and solutions.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Clear, articulate communication style; someone that can understand complexity of the business and is able to synthesize information quickly
• Collaborative style and can build consensus with internal and external stakeholders.
• Passionate about the business. Takes personal pride in their work and delivers at pace.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here